Corista develops software platforms for pathologists, hospitals and pharmaceutical companies. Founded in 2005, the company’s software integrates large digital pathology images (500MB to 5GB) with patient metadata, providing an integrated view of each patient’s case, pathology images, history, and case data.
Corista’s managers have extensive experience in medical imaging, image compression, cloud technology, and pathology. Our solutions bring expert pathologists closer to patients wherever they are located. Corista combines healthcare expertise with an innovative technology to improve both efficiency and outcomes for patients.
We are looking to hire a versatile computer engineering / computer science graduate with an interest in developing high-performance, server-side applications and services. The ideal candidate will have a holistic view of software development, be inquisitive, and enjoy problem-solving.
Candidates must have the following experience:
Ideal candidates will have additional experience with:
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience
- Practical experience working with and/or building complex systems involving multiple services.
- Proficient in OO Java plus other languages and packages with a focus on server-side technologies
- Proficient with unit testing technologies
- Image processing and manipulation
- Background in the medical software segment (regulations, security requirements, protocols, …) or other segments with strong privacy regulations
- Proficient with continuous integration environments
- Deploying applications into existing infrastructure, including integration techniques, asynchronous message processing, RESTful design patterns, etc.
- Concurrency and multithreading
- Experience with an ORM (preferably Hibernate)
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with PostgreSQL (or similar RDBMS)
- Experience with Kubernetes (K8s) or similar container orchestration tools
- Experience with C/C++
- Demonstrate technical leadership in design, scoping & implementation of epics and releases
- Design, estimate, communicate, implement and test new features, components and functionality
- Have experience with (and willing to participate in) development using Agile methodologies, preferably using a Github/Pull-request model
- Be able to express and communicate thoughts and ideas (both written and verbally) to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in fast-paced, small company environments where team members must sometimes extend beyond their traditional job description (start-up environment)
- Be analytical, organized, detail-oriented and self-directed
- Be able to work well alone or within a small team
- Be comfortable talking to, demonstrating and deploying to customers
- Be an excellent problem solver and have the ability to architect a solution based on general requirements and
- Be familiar with standard professional software development processes including working from requirements and standards documents, task estimation, documenting designs, source code control, unit testing
- Collaborative mindset with respect to feature design, cross-team knowledge sharing, and obtaining consensus on decisions